[Twisted-Python] How can I call internet.MulticastServer() to enable listenMultiple?

jarrod roberson jarrod.roberson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 14:05:53 EST 2005

On Apr 1, 2005 1:41 PM, Itamar Shtull-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 13:28 -0500, jarrod roberson wrote:
>
> > zc = zeroconf.DebugZeroConfService()
> > serviceCollection = service.IServiceCollection(application)
> > internet.MulticastServer(5353,
> > zeroconf.IZeroConfFactory(zc)).setServiceParent(serviceCollection)
>
> Why are you passing a factory in? UDP and Multicast don't use factories.

Ok what I am trying to do is make a ZeroConfService

I took Tim Allens code and added the ability to Respond to queries and
changed the Observers to Subscribers and some other things to make it
more of a Service than a stand alone server.

I have a TCP service with a factory and I want to derive the SRV
record priority from stats about the TCP Service based on its load, so
I want to dynamically build the responses, that is what the Responder
interface I have created is for.

I guess I just need some guidance on the correct "twisted" way to do
this, I want the implementation of the ZeroConf service to be
pluggable, that is the part that responds to the udp messageReceived()
method and I figured making that a Service I could put in the .tac was
the right way to do it.

Where am I going wrong?