[Twisted-Python] LoopingCall(): Threaded or not?

Steve Freitas sflist at ihonk.com
Sat Sep 25 07:15:08 MDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm using twisted.internet.task.LoopingCall() to perform various housekeeping
chores. One of the things I'm using it for is to clean up stale locks left
behind by stalled network clients. However, I don't want it cleaning up a
lock while my other twisted code is executing, as that could introduce a race
condition. So, my question is whether a LoopingCall() will only run in the
single thread of execution used for application code, or if it is threaded
off and could very well be executing at the same time as my own code.

Hope that was clear enough. Thanks!

Steve