[Twisted-Python] Fwd: [Twisted-commits] r11721 - revert r11685

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Mon Sep 20 10:37:10 MDT 2004

James Y Knight wrote:
>> 5) Rumors are Anthony is writing a non-sucky HTTP client. (is this
>> true?). J. Simms (slyphon) mentioned something about writing one to me
>> a few weeks ago but I didn't hear anything after. This should be
>> coordinated so the API for the client and server is as similar as
>> possible.

I have something that Works For Me. It makes sense to me (from an API
point of view), and, more importantly for my current use-cases, works
with urllib's Request objects, which means you can drop ClientForm on
top of it directly, and it Just Works. This is good. It also works on
top of a UDP transport, which the current http client does not. While
HTTP-over-UDP is an Abomination In The Eyes of Great Cthulu, it's also
used in some sick and warped protocols, which I need to support.

Anthony