[Twisted-Python] Fwd: [Twisted-commits] r11721 - revert r11685

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Mon Sep 20 09:08:46 MDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 10:49, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

> > We already figured out which web server we ("we" being those developers
> > who actually care about the web) are going to be supporting.
> > twisted.web2. web should have a deprecation warning in __init__ for a
> > release, and then should be terminated with extreme prejudice.
>
> I would terminate before providing a deprecation warning.  If you want
> to provide a backwards-compatibility release for using web1 with the new
> reactor core, that's fine, but I don't see any reason to include web1
> with the new download.

twisted.web will not be included. There will be two downloads ("Twisted
Web 1 - Deprecated", "Twisted Web 2"). Most people will not download the
first ever. The first will likely not have new releases unless we fine
security issues. Moving it to branch and only doing releases from there
may be fine (if our release infrastructure is up to it!) but I still
think newweb should be twisted.web2.

1. twisted.web2 remains web2.
2. Move twisted.web (and any other security bugfix only packages, I
guess) to a "deprecated" branch.

Yes? No?

If yes, that just leaves the nevow/twisted.web2 merger question, which
should probably be done on twisted-web mailing list.