[Twisted-Python] Re: PyHeartbeat cookbook recipe

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Fri Sep 17 10:09:13 MDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 02:28, Nicola Larosa wrote:

> I thought about that, and concluded that the recipe would come out longer
> and less structured that way, and that it would be best to directly show
> people the "right" way of setting up things.

It'd come out slightly shorter, actually. As for the right way... using
twistd is generally the right thing to do, yes, but if as in your
previous example you want to show people how relatively low-level APIs
work, reactor is probably better. The services abstraction isn't all
that relevant to your example, since it's so simple.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org