[Twisted-Python] Things that Need to be Done for 2.0

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Fri Sep 10 13:27:06 MDT 2004

Release progress status check...

Also, I'd like to add another thing to the list of Stuff That Needs to
be Done:

- Go through bugs marked Urgent, and either fix them or downgrade them.
Also, upgrade any bugs to "urgent" that should block the release.

On Aug 14, 2004, at 4:00 PM, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
> glyph: Come up with a precise license and copyright policy. Do that,
> and someone (probably me) can change trunk HEAD to use it.

Done.

> Everyone: Get rid of all deprecation warnings when running current
> APIs.

Done?

> Me: Finish converting our packaging to use zpkgtools, obsoleting half
> of release-twisted. Then improve release-twisted (fix bugs in SVN
> workflow, etc).

Not done.

> Me: Write documentation on release process and teach people how to do
> it.

Not done.

> Moshez: At least do the initial work for Debian packages for each of
> our subprojects.

Not done.

> Web Sites, in order of importance:

> Someone: Move existing Twisted-core-specific content to a new Core
> project web site.
> foom, fzZzy, dreid: Write a project web site for Web.
> z3p: Write a project web site for Conch.
> exarkun: Write project web sites for names, news, and mail.
> spiv: Write a project web site for Lore and Runner.
> glyph, z3p, exarkun, ???: Write a project web site for Words.
> cce: Write a project web site for Flow.
> Tv: Write a project web site for Pair.

Not done, except for Conch, and News.

> Project web sites are to be placed at
> http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/*/, where * is 'core', 'conch',
> 'web', etc. Put your content in the WebSite svn repository in
> "twistedmatrix.com/projects/". If anybody needs access to this
> repository shoot me a message.
>
> Obviously, not all of these are terribly urgent. The urgent ones are
> core, names, conch, lore, and web. If nobody gets around to creating
> real web sites for the others, I'll put in place a basic stock web
> page.

James