[Twisted-Python] Patch for MSN protocol & Jabber protocol

James Bunton james at delx.cjb.net
Sun Sep 5 03:13:20 MDT 2004

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 04:00 am, Jp Calderone <exarkun at divmod.com> wrote:
>    Thanks for the patches, James.  In addition to Glyph's comments, I
> wonder if you could include unit tests which:
>
>      1) fail when run against the current Twisted code and
>      2) pass with your changes
>
>    This is especially important for protocol code.  Without extremely
> good test coverage, different people begin to depend on different
> (unknown) chunks of functionality.  Then there is no way to know what
> future changes can be made without breaking existing code (in this case,
> potentially yours ;).
>
>    Jp

Ok. They're both in the tracker as Issue701 (Jabber stuff, assigned to dizzyd)
and Issue702 (MSN stuff, assigned to nobody).

I wrote a unit test for the Jabber stuff, and for the parts of the MSN fixes
where it makes sense (the NOT message, aka MSN alerts fixes).

It'd be great for these to get into the next Twisted release.

---

James