[Twisted-Python] Case for an Async MySQL Driver?

Seun Osewa naijasms at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 17:13:25 MDT 2004

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:02:16 +1100, Christopher Armstrong
<radeex at gmail.com> wrote:
> It sounds like a fine idea, and several people have attempted doing
> native async protocol implementations for database systems in the
> past, but nobody's finished and/or maintained them.
>
> So, patches accepted. ;-)

Considering the fact that I'm a python newbie _and_ have newer
submitted a patch to any open source project before, it might take a
considerable while for any working code to become available.  I'll be
posting questions about how the implementation _should_ be integrated
into Twisted, partly as a way of getting to understand Twisted better.

Here's the MySQL protocol link
http://www.redferni.uklinux.net/mysql/MySQL-Protocol.html
The most important details seem simple enough.

Wish I could learn why other would-be implementors lost interest.

Regards,
Seun