[Twisted-Python] twisted webdav server

Mary Gardiner mary-twisted at puzzling.org
Sat Oct 23 11:37:49 MDT 2004

On Sat, Oct 23, 2004, Bob Ippolito wrote:
> You always have copyright on anything that you write, unless you
> explicitly give that away.  Of course you can.

Yes of course, but it's a derived work. The only reason I could create
it at all was due to the licence of Twisted at the time, which required
that if I did so I released under the LGPL. I can't relicence derived
works at will unless the copyright holder permits it, and at the time he
didn't. He's since permitted relicencing of derived works starting about
two months ago, I was off and away by then.

In practice because the *exact same code* is *now* available under the
MIT licence I probably will relicence (as the Divmod people did, for
example), but this requires an assumption of good faith under my very
bad understanding of copyright law internationally (I used a US machine
in production of the code -- exactly where Glyph would need his lawyers
is unclear).

-Mary