[Twisted-Python] Threaded Twisted?

Stefan Behnel behnel_ml at gkec.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Oct 20 04:00:03 MDT 2004

Hi!

I wondered what would be the best way of running Twisted on a
multi-processor system.

I can run multiple instances of my program, but the message passing
between them becomes somewhat more expensive than I would like
(serialization).

Can Twisted run in multiple Threads? Meaning: use two concurrent reactors?

As far as I understand it, the reactor is implemented as a singleton, but
since different reactor types are already supported, I wonder if anyone
could think of a way of achieving that...

Any ideas?

Stefan