[Twisted-Python] Merging databases the Twisted way

Thomas Weholt thomas.weholt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 06:36:18 MDT 2004

Hi,

I got a server running a SQLite-database. Sometimes I need to merge
data from another SQLite database into the master. So far I've done
blocking old-style read-some from source, write-some to destination
stuff using the standard pysqlite-database module, but as mentioned,
it blocks the server. AFAIK SQLite only allows one connection to the
database as well so that might make it harder to implement a
non-blocking solution.

If anybody has tips/hints or examples directly related to this or any
documentation on DB-operations using Twisted that's a bit more
detailed and rich than the one on www.twistedmatrix.com I'd be very
grateful. I'm having a hard time getting the hang of how to use
twisted and databases in a non-blocking way. Everything seems overly
complicated when done the Twisted way. Perhaps it's just me ...

NB! I mostly do web-server stuff using SQLite as database.

--
Mvh/Best regards,
Thomas Weholt