[Twisted-Python] About adodb

Simon simon at hedberg.net
Sat Oct 2 03:35:37 MDT 2004

>db_row has already been mentioned on this list as a nice module.
>But wouldn't the associative array aspects of adodb eliminate the need
for db_row?

Yep, functionwise it would be pretty much the same. db_row however has
the advantage of using a different storage mechanism eliminating the
need for a dictionary in each object (using __slots__). If you load a
lot of objects that should be an advantage. My idea is to subclass
db_row to add some data validation routines. Perhaps we could add some
foreignkey functionality also to make it a worthy replacement of
RowObject.

/Simon