[Twisted-Python] PATCH: twisted.web.client Basic/Digest Authentication

Mathieu Fenniak mfenniak at pobox.com
Fri Oct 1 12:43:30 MDT 2004

The attached patch adds support for HTTP authentication to
twisted.web.client.  It supports both basic and digest authentication.
This patch adds a new module, twisted.web.auth, which I hope to expand
in the future to support digest server-side authentication.  A new
class is also added to twisted.web.error, which passes on the
WWW-Authenticate headers such that authentication could be handled
externally.

I have never contributed before to Twisted, so I'd appreciate feedback
on this patch.  It works, and is pretty clean code, but I don't know if
there are some practices I might be breaking without being aware.

This patch is based on repository v.11878.

--
Mathieu Fenniak <mfenniak at pobox.com>
http://stompstompstomp.com/