[Twisted-Python] UncatchableExceptions

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Fri Oct 29 15:52:33 MDT 2004

<foom> exarkun: I suspect we should introduce a UncatchableExceptions
       constant somewhere
<foom> exarkun: and require that all except:'s are preceded by except
       UncatchableExceptions: raise
<exarkun> foom: It's possible that is a good idea.
<exarkun> foom: I'm not really sure, though.
<spiv> foom: With (KeyboardInterrupt, SystemExit, MemoryError, SystemError) ?
<foom> spiv: yes

I guess this would live in twisted.python somewhere, and the coding standard
would be updated to require its use instead of bare "except:"

Python-dev have discussed a similar measure for the python standard library
(in the exceptions module), but hadn't come to any consensus last time I
looked.

Thoughts?  Objections?

-Andrew.