[Twisted-Python] Case for an Async MySQL Driver?

Seun Osewa naijasms at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 11:05:13 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm new to Twisted, and I was just thinking about how, while
'twisted.enterprise.adbapi' is is a really neat idea, it's sort of a
stop-gap solution pending the time async database drivers can be
integrated into Twisted.  It's not 'right' to have 1 python thread and
1 mysql server thread/process for each connection.

How about an event-driven MySQL protocol implementation that fits into
the Twisted Framework? (I came accross a MySQL protocol specification
online once but I think I've lost it). If this sounds sensible, I'll
be interested with helping out with implementation but I won't be able
to do actual coding for some time.

Regards,
Seun.