[Twisted-Python] UDP multicasting? HowTo?

Artūras Šlajus x11 at h2o.sky.lt
Sat Oct 16 12:07:32 EDT 2004

Hello,

At first I want to say, that I'm pretty new to Twisted and these classes
get me lost (functional programming veteran :-)). Anyway, I started OOP
month ago, and I need to write UDP Multicast client/server. What it's
for? I want to write Gtk clone of Vypress Chat - serverless chat
application. Erm, in fact I want to rewrite it, because I started
writing it in Perl :-)

So... I looked up API for Multicast and this got my eye:
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/api/twisted.internet.udp.MulticastPort.html
It's probably right thing. But as I never done this before, I need an
example..

I think my code should start like this:
#!/usr/bin/env python
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
from twisted.internet.udp import MulticastPort
from twisted.internet import reactor

class VyChat(DatagramProtocol):

But what's next?

Anyway, any help or examples appreciated.