[Twisted-Python] Message Queue

Stefan Majer stefan at x-cellent.com
Mon Oct 11 03:46:11 EDT 2004

Hi,

We are in the design phase for a new project. We want to write a new
kind of a network monitoring applikation. This application is designed
to spread over several monitoring agents across the network.
Therefore we want to do the following:

1. a central scheduler puts new measurement actions into a queue
2. all executors are subscribed to this queue an execute the specified
actions and report all back to a central repository.

We are all relatively new to python (most of us have java background)
and we are searching for a good framework to help us to get the job
done.
Is it possible to use twisted to achieve the above. Or has twisted
another idea how to distribute jobs to other machines ?

with kind regards

--
Stefan Majer

x-cellent technologies GmbH