[Twisted-Python] epoll and other questions

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Thu Oct 7 18:25:52 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 17:53, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> good point. I'll use pollreactor for now. Apparently, I still have to
> use the normal "select" reactor for interfacing with pyqt, but that's ok
> since I don't (yet) need scalability on the client side...

Actually there's a QT reactor that uses QT's event loop (and by
extension whatever QT uses internally, be it select() or poll()).

>  I was just
> trying to reuse whatever is available right now, be it
> SSH/SSL/sshtunnel/whatever as transport for the encryption. So if you've
> a suggestion of what encrypted transport to use that's welcome.

The SSH code uses pycrypto. Twisted's SSL layer uses PyOpenSSL, but
PyOpenSSL doesn't expose the OpenSSL encryption APIs. There are Python
wrappers for a number of other crypto libraries as well.