[Twisted-Python] multiple connectTCP bindaddress problem

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Mon Nov 8 18:33:45 MST 2004

On Nov 8, 2004, at 7:22 PM, Chris Laws wrote:
> Hopefully design is clearer now and will help you help me.
> Is there a clearly better way to set up the client/sever connections?

It is basically never the right thing to specify a client port. Barring
circumstances that do not apply in this case (mostly compatibility with
broken protocols), you should always use "0", or "let the OS allocate
one dynamically." Basically every network client does this, and there
is no reason for yours to be any different.

James