[Twisted-Python] callLater(0) is A BIG LIE

Andrea Arcangeli andrea at cpushare.com
Mon Nov 1 18:37:22 MST 2004

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 10:26:30AM +1100, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
> [..] callLater(0) goes into the next
> iteration, and that's a very useful thing, [..]

I agree that doing it at the next iteration is safer and more useful.
BTW, this is the same thing we do in the kernel with add_timer. If
you've a recursive timer rearming itself with 0 delay (or even in the
past) we always run it at the next irq. Otherwise it risks to deadlock
(it actually happened once before I changed it to run at the next
iteration ;)