[Twisted-Python] imap4client.py example problem

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Sun Nov 14 13:47:20 EST 2004

On Nov 14, 2004, at 1:20 PM, Jp Calderone wrote:
>   Selecting the appropriate default mailbox to open is beyond the
> scope of the example.  It assumes "inbox" is the right thing, which is
> true for many servers.

Well, that's untrue, the example lets the user select the mailbox to
use from the results of LIST *, and doesn't assume anything about
inbox. But, "INBOX" is the right default mailbox for *all* servers,
according to the IMAP RFC. Perhaps the issue here is that the server
doesn't show the "INBOX" special mailbox in its LIST response. I think
that's pretty common.

James