[Twisted-Python] multiple connectTCP bindaddress problem

Chris Laws claws at tpg.com.au
Sun Nov 7 20:00:52 EST 2004

I've had a browse around the twisted source and it seems that SO_REUSEADDR is only set as a socket
option when the platform is posix.

I'm using a TCP connection which I think eventually uses twisted.internet.tcp.Port. In there it creates a
socket and assigns the SO_REUSEADDR option if 'posix'.
I can't find any toplevel twisted api call which would let me set the same option for a Windows platform
machine. I thought this functionality was supported by Windows. However,  explicitly enabling this option
for posix makes me assume that this functionality is not supported by Windows (Ie non-support was found
through some testing?).
Is this the case? Is it not supported by Windows, or just poorly supported by Windows, hence not used by
Twisted?

Regards,
Chris