[Twisted-Python] (Un)Twisted Clients and Servers (newbie)

Bill la Forge laforge49 at yahoo.co.in
Wed May 26 09:17:46 MDT 2004

Bob,

Thanks for the feedback. Is Zope3 stackless? Or did I
misread that somewhere?

The old unix model of processes/pipes keeps coming
back up, it seems. Occum made good use of it, and I
understand stackless does too. I think its the
ultimate
component model.

Just a side note, bsddb apparently doesn't care which
thread you use, as long as its sequential. This
apparently changed (at least in the docs) in 4.2
(which is included with Python 2.3). (And was pointed
out to me a few days ago on this list!)

I agree that Python, being already a high-level
language, is likely not the best choice for layering
another programming model on top of. And stackless
looks like its a speed Phreek's dream. Where's the
documentation for Stackless, in the download? I'd
like to read more about it than what I can find on
the web site.

Anyway, I've picked my horse--Medusa--and I had
intended to ride it for a while. But Twisted looked
far richer/active/maintained. Is the world really
ready for Stackless? It could be a far better world...

(It really wouldn't take much to get me over there,
but I really really need a lot of what's already
part of Twisted!)

Bill

 --- Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote: > On May 26,