[Twisted-Python] (Un)Twisted Clients and Servers (newbie)

Bill la Forge laforge49 at yahoo.co.in
Wed May 26 06:26:56 MDT 2004

Finally wrote my first Twisted-based client and
server:
http://compstrm.sourceforge.net/twcs/csprotocol.html

Both the client and server are implemented as light-
weight processes, where pipes are used for reading
and writing to remote processes. This allows the
logic flow to be more straight-line.

I'm also "translucently" switching threads in the
client, using in-line method calls, so that reads
and writes to the client do not block the main thread.

(I'm trying to show how much clearer asynchronous
programming can be using Computational Streams.)

=====
Bill la Forge
http://www.geocities.com/laforge49/