[Twisted-Python] Nevow and twisted.enterprise and deferreds

Alexander May alex-news at comcast.net
Tue May 25 09:33:32 MDT 2004

Wonderful!  I'll give it try shortly.

Thanks again,
Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: twisted-python-bounces at twistedmatrix.com
[mailto:twisted-python-bounces at twistedmatrix.com] On Behalf Of Donovan
Preston
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 11:12 AM
To: Twisted discussion stuff
Subject: Re: [Twisted-Python] Nevow and twisted.enterprise and deferreds

On May 25, 2004, at 2:19 AM, Alexander May wrote:

> I traced through the call stack and found this in renderer.py
>
> def _error(failure):
>     # FIXME: this should *definitely* do something better
>     # doing this leaves the connection hanging, but it's better
>     # than nothing.
>     print "FAILURE !",failure

Apparently you are using Nevow 0.1. You should either upgrade to the
recently-but-quietly released 0.2
(http://www.divmod.org/Home/Downloads.html) or just check out the SVN HEAD
(svn co svn://divmod.org/svn/Nevow/trunk Nevow)

The code you found is completely gone now, and is replaced with a much
easier to understand rendering inner loop, and proper error rendering upon
deferred errback.

The only reason 0.2 hasn't been announced is because I haven't had time to
write a release announcement, but I guess the cat is out of the bag now.

dp