[Twisted-Python] service takedown (one newbie to other newbies, methinks)

Bill la Forge laforge49 at yahoo.co.in
Fri May 21 18:47:56 MDT 2004

Jp,

If I write a generic service, even a MultiService, for use in multiple
applications (as is my intent), then there is still a possibility that
some other service, specific to a particular application, or an unrelated
generic service, may fail to initialize. So the need to capture the
shutdown event remins.

Bill

Jp Calderone <exarkun at divmod.com> wrote:
I think a better solution would be to write an IServiceCollection
(MultiService subclass, probably) that knows how to deal with exceptions
raised from child services' startService methods.

Bill la Forge
http://www.geocities.com/laforge49/