[Twisted-Python] A problem with runUntilCurrent

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Mon May 17 21:40:02 MDT 2004

Bill la Forge wrote:
> Thanks to you and the rest of the Twisted development team who
> took the time to dig into my code and then make the changes to
> Twisted!

You're welcome :).

The reason that we did so is because your run-time patch requires
talking to the reactor over private interfaces.  Normally this sort of
thing can be overlooked in Python, but there are actually multiple
implementations of the reactor, some of which may not work with those
changes.  So a more efficient implementation of callLater(0,...) will
allow your code to be compatible with Twisted and not just happen to
work on the default reactor :).