[Twisted-Python] How do I run a twisted server directly

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Fri May 14 18:25:27 MDT 2004

Alexander May wrote:
> Also, I ran twistd.py and got "Please use twistw on windows, not twistd"
> (I'm on windows sometimes).  I then ran twistw.py and nothing happened.  I
> looked at the file, and there were only class and function definitions.  I
> added "run()" at the end of the file and it seems to work.  I'm using the
> version 1.2.0 which was marked as "Twisted Stable Release" on the download
> page.

You should be calling C:\Python23\scripts\twistd (or something like
that), not Lib\twisted\scripts\twistd.py. When you install the windows
package for Twisted, there should be a start menu item that runs a shell
with a properly set up environment so you can just type "twistd" or
"mktap" and so on and it'll DTRT.

---------+           http://radix.twistedmatrix.com/