[Twisted-Python] pb.Copyable, round trip objects, and untrusted clients

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Fri May 21 01:05:27 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 23:46, David Ripton wrote:

> The security issues in Copyable / Cacheable should knock me off this
> particular fence for long enough to have enough code written that I'm
> unwilling to climb back up.

Keep in mind that you still might get an unexpected object (a dict where
you expect a list) and if you're tossing around large amounts of state
that's potentially a problem.  The security issues are not with Copyable
or Cacheable in particular.

Subtext: hassle brian.  warner at lothar.com.  newpb needs to get done, and
done soon :).