[Twisted-Python] Simple app pickle issue when stopping

exarkun at divmod.com exarkun at divmod.com
Sat May 15 16:34:20 EDT 2004

On Sat, 15 May 2004 15:14:49 -0400, "Alexander May" <alex-news at comcast.net> wrote:
>Still trying to learn/understand twisted.  Mind exploding/getting frustrated.  I created this very simple app:
> [snip]

  Instances are pickled by saving the name of their class and their associated state.  Since the SimpleResource class isn't defined in a real module, instances of it cannot be pickled (its name is a lie).  Move the class definition into a real module, then import it from your tac file.  The pickle problems should go away.
  Also, if pickling isn't important, you can just pass the -o flag to twistd and the application will not be saved on shutdown.

  Jp