[Twisted-Python] bsddb?

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Fri May 14 11:47:47 EDT 2004

Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:

> Atop is designed so that each operation is either very quick and
> non-blocking, *or* long running operations like iterating over results
> that can be easily broken up (and which is which is very clear). As a
> result atop works quite well without threads.

The flip side oft his is that it can be quite difficult to build complex
  queries without deep structural knowledge of the database (and they
are therefore somewhat fragile).  However, we're working on that.  A
somewhat unsettling thing about using atop is you start to realize how
incredibly inefficient some of the things that are really easy to say
with SQL are, even in SQL DBs ;).

If an operation is synchronous in atop, it's fast. Right now this means,
"if it's easy" - but a more advanced query mechanism will fix this.  If
you have any ideas, please let me know.