[Twisted-Python] New components questions

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Fri May 7 22:57:04 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 22:17, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

> What exactly about the _xmlplus mess made it a nightmare and why?  I
> have vague memories of horribleness but I gave up too early to be
> seriously scarred.

1. User installs Twisted which has z.i v0.9
2. User runs software happily
3. User installs z.i v0.91, twisted now uses thaat
4. Software suddenly breaks due to change in z.i - but it's very
confusing why because as far as user is concerned they didn't change
*twisted*.

Except it's in practice unlikely.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org