[Twisted-Python] Carnivore Warning: This message contains subversive content.

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Mar 18 13:45:17 MST 2004

We're probably going to be switching the Twisted code repository to
Subversion during the PyCon sprints (some time between saturday and
tuesday). There will be a short period during conversion when neither
CVS nor SVN will be accessible. I'm going to disable the CVS repository
so nobody can commit while I'm converting it, run cvs2svn on it, and
create a new repository at /svn/Twisted.

I might not convert tags and branches from the CVS repo to their SVN
counterparts; last time I tried with a test-run it seemed to either take
an incredibly long time or it was stuck, and I cancelled it. However,
that's not too big of a deal; the old CVS repository will still be
accessible read-only, so people will still be able to check out old tags
and branches. Of course all old *revisions* will be converted to the SVN
repository.

After this I'll be working on updating our release scripts and all info
that references the CVS server. The SVN repository will be accessible
from the web (and, in fact, our other SVN projects are already
accessible) at http://cvs.twistedmatrix.com/cvs/. People with write
access will use the SVN URL
svn+ssh://user@cvs.twistedmatrix.com/svn/Twisted.

The twisted-commits list will continue working. I still need to figure
out what to do about IRC notification of commits. I might set up a
CIA[1] server, or just use their central server.

I wrote SVN support for buildbot a while ago, so I'll get it set up so
our SVN commits trigger our buildbot[2].

Did I forget anything?

1: http://cia.navi.cx/
2: http://twistedmatrix.com/buildbot/

---------+           http://radix.twistedmatrix.com/