[Twisted-Python] Using Twisted together with Windows Namespace Extensions

Thorsten Henninger henni at brainbot.com
Tue Mar 2 02:49:24 MST 2004

>You probably want to run a thread (or more, depends what the APIs on the
>windows side expect) that runs in parallel to the Twisted thread, and
>blocks until Deferreds have results, and use it to handle  these
>requests.

This works, thanks.
When I started to write the code, I figured out various methods to start
threads in twisted.
Well, I do not really understand, how they differ.
For example:
reactor.runFromThread
reactor.runInThread

and what is the difference between
threads.deferToThread and reactor.callInThread ?
Both methods worked fine.

Is it threadsafe to run the reactor in a thread?

regards,

Thorsten

--
brainbot technologies AG
boppstrasse . 64 . 55118 mainz . germany
http://brainbot.com/  mailto:henni at brainbot.com