[Twisted-Python] Twisted Euphrates (Modified by Glyph Lefkowitz)

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Mon Mar 29 14:34:21 EST 2004

On Mar 29, 2004, at 1:27 AM, Paul Swartz wrote:

> What does this mean for the licensing of the packages?  Will new
> versions of split-out packages still be copyright to Glyph, or will
> they
> move to a developer for that package?

I don't know.  I'd like to have a centralized copyright structure so
that we can move it to a foundation (in the ever-nearer future) but
that still involves inconvenient paperwork.  Not to mention the fact
that copyright is the only enforceable form of attribution, and I think
it's unfair that so many major contributors don't really have a
signature on Twisted in any significant way.  With BSD-licensed
software, the possible problems with the license are so small that it
seems unlikely that disparate copyrights would cause a problem...

I should really talk to a lawyer about this, and to a few key
contributors.  I have a feeling I already know what some of them are
going to say ;).  The lawyer I discussed this with last time has moved
on, and the other intelprop lawyers I know aren't really in this space
- does anyone know a good (cheap ^_^) lawyer with F/OSS experience who
has the time to help?