[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] r10392 - Start http rewrite, don't look yet.

Joe Brown joebrown at rclooke.com
Thu Mar 25 12:42:11 EST 2004

William Dode wrote:

>I would like to know why you choose subversion and not arch or dracs or
>i don't know... I'm also searching for an other versioning system for my
>projects and i would like to know the arguments of twisteds zen
>developers ;-)
>There is also a pythonic system (codeville). So a lot of choice and lot
>of pain to choose.
>
>Sorry if it's too much OT.

If your on windows, I'd suggest getting cygwin and use the cvs tools
that come with it.

In the Linux world, it's so convenient to RCS any file with a simple
command like ci -l $filename$ and bang, you've got a backup
($filename$,v) and the start of a simplified versioning system.  Cygwin
enables you to do this (and a lot more) on windows.

I'm not the most versed on RCS/CVS, but that's simple enough for me to
work with.  You can set environment variables, etc, and do the whole
repository thing to.  But on the fly, you can't beat that for simplicity.

-Joe