[Twisted-Python] Twisted Euphrates (Modified by Glyph Lefkowitz)

Mary Gardiner mary-twisted at puzzling.org
Thu Mar 25 00:01:54 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> Your contributions have been extremely valuable so far, and my main
> concern is that as little change as possible in this transition :).
> Consider that the existing documents form a single book which
> documents a suite of applications.  Some of these applications will be
> deprecated or disappear, and the parts of the book covering them will
> be removed.

The only trouble with this is how to keep the HOWTOs up to date with the
codebase(s). At present, HOWTOs are updated on the main webpage whenever
a major release happens. Bugs are filed against webpage docs at about
twice the rate they're filed against repository docs, so clearly the
webpage docs are regarded as authoritative, and it is important that it
reflects the released codebase.

I suppose the /documents section of the website could be updated
whenever there is *any* release of a Twisted project. That's probably
the smallest possible sensible change.

> If there is a process change to be made, consider this primarily a
> license for you to solicit more assistance from package maintainers on
> a regular basis...

OK!

-Mary