[Twisted-Python] Twisted + tlslite

Trevor Perrin trevp at trevp.net
Sat Mar 6 01:33:48 EST 2004

Hi Twisted folks,

I recently wrote an SSL library in python [1] and got it working with
asyncore.  I'd like to make it useable with Twisted too.  The library has a
few nice features, so it wouldn't be totally redundant with Twisted's
current SSL support:
  - it can run in pure python (slowly)
  - it supports some nonstandard authentication methods (SRP, cryptoIDs,
and shared-keys)

As a proof-of-concept I did some blunt-object surgery, and got Twisted's
pre-configured web server using it for HTTPS.

To do a real integration, though, I think I'd need help: I'm a Twisted
newbie, and Twisted looks tightly-coupled with PyOpenSSL.  At least,
there's no easy way to "plug in" that I saw.  In the mailing list there was
talk about Jython/Java SSL [2].  That would have the same issues, I think,
so maybe they could be looked at together.

Anyways, if anyone's interested in discussing the details, let me know!

Thanks,
Trevor

[1] http://trevp.net/tlslite/
[2]