[Twisted-Python] [Request] IMAP Server Sample code

David Burton david at zeos.org
Tue Mar 2 06:49:29 EST 2004

Hi guys, I'm new to the list, but I've had a look through the site and
the mailing list archives, looking for some sample code which would help
me in setting up the basics of an IMAP server - specifically to get mail
from a POP account (which is easy enough), store it in a database
(again, easy enough), and set up the interface to the database messages
(and possible other non-email goodies) using IMAP (currently not a clue).
I've tried looking through the API and the source code, but I don't know
what I should be returning from the likes of authenticateLogin to
confirm (or refect logins), and what to return via listCapabilities (I'm
currently . Any lists of which methods should generally work without
overriding, which ones should be overridden, what needs to be returned,
etc gratefully received.

I'm quite happy to play around a bit, so long as there's a little hint
as to what kind of stuff should be returned - I'm really needing to get
listing of capabilities and authentication figured out first of all, so
if anyone can help...

(As an aside, the reason for the project is that my general impressions
are that XMail is one of the few free POP3 mail servers on Windows, and
very capable, but missing IMAP - I'm trying to create an extension to do
this.)

Thanks in advance,
David Burton