[Twisted-Python] Local IP and factory shutdown

Guyon Morée gumuz at looze.net
Wed Jun 23 02:42:10 MDT 2004

Local IP and factory shutdownTo find my one true external ip address I used http://www.showmyip.com/
they also have http://www.showmyip.com/xml/ which should be very easy to fetch and process with Python.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gill, Mandeep
  To: twisted-python at twistedmatrix.com
  Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 12:35 AM
  Subject: [Twisted-Python] Local IP and factory shutdown

  Hi,
  I'm in the process of finishing a multicasting RTP streaming media server and client in Twisted but have encountered several issues that I can't figure out,

  Firstly, Is there any way to determine your own IP address from with Twisted, I've looked around everywhere and can't find away to achieve this except by setting up a loopback connection and reading it from the transport - but that only gives 127.0.0.1. Is there any way to determine all available local IPs?

  Also I have a problem in shutting down Factories - currently I shut them down by calling the doStop method, which seems to call stopFactory but this is an abstract method used just for safe user shutdown, right? As far as I can tell, the Factory is still bound to the reactor, and am I still able to connect to it having called doStop. How do I stop the protocol from even listening on ports?

  Oh yeah, there seem to be a few bugs in the current wxreactor support, most notably with any custom dialog boxes - the OK/Cancel return doesn't seem to be processed on time and causes a wxDateTime assertion error, does it work for anyone else?

  Thanks for any help
  Mandeep Gill