[Twisted-Python] Local IP and factory shutdown

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Wed Jun 23 11:04:08 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 18:35, Gill, Mandeep wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm in the process of finishing a multicasting RTP streaming media
> server and client in Twisted but have encountered several issues that
> I can't figure out,

Have you looked at shtoom?  http://www.divmod.org/Home/Projects/Shtoom/
If your traffic is UDP, I'd recommend using STUN for the client.  For
the server, "all available local IPs" is a fairly vague question.
IPv4?  IPv6?  With or without internet connectivity?  Internal or
external IPs?  Some of these questions aren't even answerable.  Usually
if you want to provide advanced server configuration informations with
regard to domain names and IP addresses you need to tell the server
about them directly, with a config file of some sort.  It varies by
protocol what that file has to say.