[Twisted-Python] Simple components question - IFoo(IBar(obj)) wont' work, what am I doing wrong?

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Sun Jun 20 19:38:35 EDT 2004

On Jun 20, 2004, at 3:38 PM, Michal Pasternak wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've hit a problem with compy, but it seems it's the same for Twisted
> Components. What am I doing wrong here? I bet I've overlooked something
> really simple, but I'm unable to find out.

This is due to some magical, magical behavior of the "Adapter" class
which is completely stupid and wrong.  Stop using the Adapter utility
class and just write your own factories.

The next version of Twisted will fix these sorts of edge-case issues by
using Zope interfaces, and compy will go away entirely.