[Twisted-Python] reconnecting ConnectionPools

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Jul 25 11:28:31 MDT 2004

In my client's app we've been having problems with database connections
going down; so far if that happens we need to restart the server to
reconnect to the DB. I looked at adbapi's implementation and noticed
that it wasn't doing anything special to notice lost connections. Then I
realized DBAPI2 doesn't actually specify a way to tell whether your
connection has gone down.

I've been trying to think of a way to at least work around this on a
per-app basis -- mine is using psycopg. It just raises either a
ProgrammingError or an OperationalError on cursor.execute. The brightest
idea we've come up with is to reconnect after N (~ 3) consecutive errors.

Any other ideas?

---------+           http://radix.twistedmatrix.com/