[Twisted-Python] Semantics sought: lambda?

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Thu Jul 15 05:41:15 MDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 12:03, Sergio Trejo wrote:
> In the Twisted documentation, there are several examples and references that
> use the term "lambda" but I can't find any semantic definition of what
> lambda is about. For example:
>
> d.addCallback(lambda object: object.callRemote("echo", "hello network"))
>
> I'm kind of new to Python and prior to Twisted, I have not seen this type of
> syntax before:
>
> "lambda object: "
>
> Any references would be appreciated.

lambdas are Python's way of creating short, anonymous functions. They
are document at python.org:

 - http://www.python.org/doc/current/ref/lambdas.html
 - http://docs.python.org/tut/node6.html#SECTION006750000000000000000

Cheers, Matt

--
     __
    /  \__     Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd
  __/  \__/    e: matt at pollenation.net
 /  \__/  \    t: +44 (0)113 2252500
 /  \          Any views expressed are my own and do not necessarily
 \__/          reflect the views of my employer.