[Twisted-Python] reactor.stop stops entire twistd

Christopher Armstrong radeex at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 06:26:10 EDT 2004

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 06:10:00 -0400, Sergio Trejo <serj_trejo at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm curious what would happen if two separate reactor callLater() methods
> were executed on two separate functions (we'll call them a() and b()) ...
> such that a() and b() would be scheduled to run at the same exact moment.
> How would Twisted handled such a situation? Is there such a thing as
> callLater() "collision" even if the probability of such collission is quite
> low?

After some investigating, it seems that, if they were scheduled to be
run at precisely the same instant (i.e., their delayedCall.time values
were equivalent), they would be run in the order OPPOSITE than the
order that the callLater calls happened.

There is no "collision", they're just run in sequence. Twisted is not
a hard real-time system. :-)

---------+            http://radix.twistedmatrix.com