[Twisted-Python] "local" semantics sought in twisted.protocols.smtp.sendmail

Sergio Trejo serj_trejo at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 27 13:02:36 EDT 2004

The API documentation for twisted.protocols.smtp.sendmail method states that
the incoming msg parameter ((a string or a file object) must contain contain
lines
that end with a line feed character because, verbatim: "Line endings must be
local (I.e., '\n')" ... the URL that I'm quoting from is
http://www.twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/api/
twisted.protocols.smtp.html#sendmail

I am curious what is meant by the word "local" to describe the use of line
endings in the API documentation. Does local mean something specific to an
operating system of which the Python interpreter is compiled for and runs on
top of (and if so, doesn't that break the philosophy of Python which is
mostly OS agnostic)?

Sergio