[Twisted-Python] Sincere Thanks!

Sergio Trejo serj_trejo at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 7 08:22:42 EDT 2004

My head keeps spinning as I'm reading about Twisted and all that it can do.
I think Twisted is a great word for what it does to fire the human neurons
in ones brain when one first discovers Twisted (its like discovering a new
planet)! I just finished reading the document titled, "Network Programming
for the Rest of Us" and its really awesome. Network programming is not for
the faint of heart and abstractions such as Deferred and using Event Loops
for an asynchronous interdependent world that we now live in is just way way
cool (as is the simplicity and the namespace being well done).

It may not be as big of a deal for those who have lived closer to the world
of networked programming, but I think Twisted represents a major leap for
humankind because it truly opens the doors of opportunity for programming
really interesting and dynamic applications (especially for those who need
to bridge information science with another discipline or two). The Twisted
contributors are "gods" IMHO! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Sergio