[Twisted-Python] Newbie Question about PB and Firewalls

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Thu Jan 8 21:52:12 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 18:14, Patrick Gilmartin wrote:

> Given the above situation about Firewall settings where I have no control, is my assumption correct that the PB protocol is not an option for me.

Yes, however -

Breaking past firewalls is actually pretty easy, assuming they allow
HTTPS access to outside world. What you do is, run server on port 443,
then connect to HTTP proxy, send:

   CONNECT http://yourhost.com:443/

or the appropriate syntax for the CONNECT command, and the connection
will now be opened for 443. At this point you switch to your protocol of
choice and can do whatever you want over this connection.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org
Looking for a job: http://itamarst.org/resume.html