[Twisted-Python] Re: IRC Client examples... PLEASE HELP

JD lists at webcrunchers.com
Thu Jan 1 00:22:36 MST 2004

On Dec 31, 2003, at 7:30 PM, darryl wrote:

> This means he coded support for ident and added that to cvs
> (twisted.protocols.ident).
> Client and server.  No he did not code IRC client examples if that's
> what your
> asking ?

Why can't anyone post just a teeny little bit of information on how to
tie all this
together?

One of my main problems is where to put my code.   Do I put it in the
factory class,
or do I put it in the Client class?   One always points to the other.
I suppose it don't really matter,
but I'm sure the author(s) of twisted have their OWN ideas of where to
put their specific code,
but they sure don't seem to have been very sucessful in conveying this
info to others.

I know it's mostly due to my lack of knowledge,  but the only part
that's really well documented
is the Twisted Web section.

Anyway,   if anyone has any suggestions or tips on what goes where,
please post it here.
Inquiring minds want to know,  and I'm not the only one who wants to
know.

John