[Twisted-Python] BEEPy - a Python BEEP library

Justin Warren daedalus at eigenmagic.com
Wed Jan 7 00:47:45 EST 2004

Hi folks,

I'm relatively new to twisted, but I saw some discussion early in 2003
around BEEP and twisted lamenting the lack of a Python library. I hope
this is the right place to post.

I'm the developer of a library called BEEPy which is a BEEP
implementation written in pure Python. I recently redesigned the core
to use twisted for TCP and SSL comms, so I figured you folks might be
interested in it.

BEEPy is LGPL licensed and hosted over at sourceforge:
http://beepy.sourceforge.net/ for the curious.

A quick summary of features:
- Implemented using twisted Protocol and Factory subclasses
- Support for TLS for transport layer security
- Support for SASL ANONYMOUS and OTP mechanisms for authentication
- Implements the BEEP management profile
- Reference implementation of an echo profile
- Loads of example code

Cheers,

Justin

--
"Either way, it'll remind the clued that there's only one letter difference
 between "turkey" and "turnkey"." -- Mike Andrews in a.s.r